.... life seems to move faster than I can keep up with. And I see it in my house. Its only happened a couple times - where my house is just so filthy that it's embarrassing to myself to clean it. I was really sick for over a week. Savannah has been really sick. Dan has been sick. I've been resting and recuperating. Dan has been the least ill out of the three of us and so great - keeping up with the dishes, and helping where he can. But lets face it - not many men, no matter how helpful, can clean like a woman.
My house was sick filthy until I started cleaning it today. A messy, dirty, out of order house can make me very anxious. Therefore, after facing the filth, vodka ensued.
The in-laws are coming in an hour. I'm too tired to clean any more. Our bedroom is the only thing left untouched other than being dusted. There are about five loads of laundry waiting to be folded (I'm never this behind on laundry.... what is with me?!?!). The sheets are dirty. The bedspread has dog prints on it. The closet - empty - due to the clothes spilling out of laundry baskets.
I do have to hand it to myself, though. It's a big deal for me to just sit, relax, rest and get healthy. To let everything sit, collect dust, and laundry pile up. I'm almost healthy.... have a lot more energy.... and now can conquer my life. But, oh-my-gosh, does it drive me crazzzzy to see it so un-orderly!
Sometimes I need a healthy perspective on things that: it's okay.
Friday, February 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love that you are allowing yourself to rest, relax and get healthy with vodka! That a girl! :)
Post a Comment