Too often we let life pass us by and we miss the little things in life that matter most. I find so much more appreciation for life and my Savior when I take the time to notice the small things. After a sermon at church a few weeks ago, I realized that I feel closest to God when I am outdoors. A walk through the park rejuvenates me. Sitting by a body of water and listening to the water hit the shore. Relaxing on the porch at night in awe of a clear sky. Hiking. I feel the presence of my Lord and feel at peace. This being said - winter is hard for me. Its hard to get outside in 16 degree weather for a walk. And frankly, its just not pretty outside during the winter when there isn't a fresh blanket of snow on the ground. But what about inside? Even inside my tiny home. Blessings abound!
Just from where I sit on the couch in the living room I'm overwhelmed.
First off - we own our very own house! Not only are we blessed to have a roof over our heads, we are blessed to call this tiny place our own! We are a block away from a great park, have fantastic neighbors, and are located in a safe part of the city. Its wonderful.
I have the greatest dog in the world. The huge monster is curled up in a small chair peering out the front window. She brings so much joy into our lives and she's just a dog!
I'm pregnant with our first child. We had no trouble getting pregnant and I have had a healthy pregnancy thus far. In three short months we will have a beautiful baby to love and care for. This tiny house of ours will be turned upside down with crying, laughing, baby gear, poopy diapers, and the like! Whats better than that?!
We have been blessed with a great marriage. This tiny house is full of love. They say home is where the heart is. This is home!
Then there's all these stinkin' electronics! A great TV and all the gadgets to go with it. Two laptops. I'm a PC... Dan is a MAC nerd. Cell phones. Everything. Lots of things we don't need, but are blessed to have.
I could keep going and going, but I wouldn't want to bore you. Just take a minute and look around. Just from where you are..... you are surrounded by so many wonderful things! Revel in the little things. Find joy.
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
love your blog!! what wonderful blessings to read about! thanks for sharing!!
Post a Comment