Thursday, July 30, 2009

Change.

Our baby girl is changing before our eyes! It keeps us in constant wonder and amazement how God could create such a perfect human being and how he has wired us to grown, learn and adapt to our environments the way we do. Ever since she hit the three month mark she is a new baby! She isn't nearly as fussy and seems to be feeling a lot better. She studies everything around her and wants to touch and grab everything!!! She hates to be lying down and loves to be sitting up (although she can't do it on her own yet). She rolls over constantly. Every morning we get her out of bed, she has rolled from her back to her belly. She tries to chew on Addie's tail (yuck). She is more talkative than ever, smiles with her whole body and squeals in delight. She insists on holding her own bottle (although can only do it for a short amount of time) and is growing out of a lot of her 3-6 month clothes. She is more beautiful every day (if that's even possible!) and brings us so much joy!

Most of you know that I got laid off from my job at Conrad Properties last October. As upsetting and nerve wracking as that was, it was an incredible blessing in disguise. I was pretty sick throughout my pregnancy (my best friend was the toilet for 30 weeks... yuck) and I was able to stay home and rest. Then my baby girl came... and I was blessed to be able to spend all of my time with her!

Yesterday, I accepted a job offer. I will be going back to work on August 17th at Covenant Theological Seminary as the Senior Administrator of Operations. I will be working 36 hours a week, Monday-Thursday. My Mom will pick Savannah up from Covenant in the morning and I will pick her up from my Mom's after work (YAY for me getting a job and Savannah getting to be my Mom's job!!) I couldn't ask for a better place to work, or a more perfect situation. It has been a long road getting to this, and God has surely tested my patience. I am not a patient person, but he blessed me with patience through this process and in turn blessed us with an ideal situation! I am nervous to go back to work. I'm heart broken about leaving my daughter. But I know I will adjust and that it will be a good balance for me and my family.

My daughter changes every day. My husband changes every day. I change every day. Job situations change. Friends change. Everything seems to change. Thank you, God, for being constant. And thank you for teaching me to always see the bright side of things, to take life as it comes, and run with it.

2 comments:

Nicki said...

This is a beautiful post! I love reading your blog! Congratulations on your new job. You are such a great mom, and your love for your daughter pours out through your words. :) Glad to hear things are good with you and your sweet family!

The Pietrocini's said...

I am so thankful for you and your outlook on life... so poetic. beautiful. congrats again and again. I can't wait for those first few weeks of transition to be over with for us so we can breathe a little easier. love.