Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Teething?!



What. the. heck?! Savannah has been fussy all. day. long. That's not an exaggeration. Ask my Mom. Any time she called (which is often - we like it that way), Savannah was either fussing, crying, or full on screaming. The poor baby couldn't be entertained for more than 10 minutes at a time. I've tried everything. Bath. Exersaucer. Movies (Baby Einstein? Nope. Shrek 2? For a little bit. Alvin and the Chipmunks? That worked the best). Books. Play mat. Swing. Sitting outside. The list goes on. Some things she would have zero tolerance for. Other things would keep her happy for a little bit - then she'd cry. She's exhausted. I'm exhausted.

The past week she has been drooling more than Addie (that might be an exaggeration). She has been jamming anything and everything into her mouth and chomping down on it. She has been rubbing her cheeks. She's overly tired. I can't figure out what else it might be other than her teething. The poor baby doesn't feel good.

We've pulled out the teething rings and have had her chewing on those. She's also going hard after ice cold wash cloths. I hope they help her feel better - it breaks my heart when she doesn't feel good!

1 comment:

the Olsens said...

hey courtney. I found your blog, but I forget how. haha. Hope you don't mind me dropping in every now and then. You probably know this, but there are teething tables that are totally natural and work wonders! You can get them at target or wal-mart (so pretty much anywhere). When they get a little bit older, only tylenol will work. At least that has been my experience. Good luck getting through this stage. It's a rough one. Feel free to stop by our blog http://djolsen.blogspot.com/
Jill